SECURITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE NAMES RUF MEMBERS SUBJECT TO EXPULSION FROM LIBERIA
NEW YORK, 12 April (UN Headquarters) -- The Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1343 (2001) concerning Liberia recalls paragraph 2 (a) of that resolution, by which the Security Council:
"2 Demands that the Government of Liberia immediately cease its support for the RUF in Sierra Leone and for other armed rebel groups in the region, and in particular take the following concrete steps:
(a) expel all RUF members from Liberia, including such individuals as are listed by the Committee established by paragraph 14 below, and prohibit all RUF activities on its territory, provided that nothing in this paragraph shall oblige Liberia to expel its own nationals from its territory;"The Security Council Committee attaches to this press release a list of Revolutionary United Front (RUF) members designated by the Committee as being subject to these measures. The list will be updated as necessary.
Sam "Mosquito" BOCKARIUE -- Military Commander, exiled in Liberia by Sankoh in December 1999.
* Issa SESSAY (Alias General Emperor) -- Head of RUF.
* Augustine GBAO (Col. Destiny) -- Head of Internal Security
* Maurice KALLON (Brig. Spirit) -- Ops. Cmdr. DHQ.
* Gibril MASAQUOI (Col. Postmaster/Wildfire) -- Spokesman and Head of Media Ops
* Dennis MINGO (Brig. Compass/Superman) -- Liberia.
* Abdul RAZAK (Lt. Col.) -- ex-Chairman, RUFP Mining Ltd.
* M SOUVLA (Colonel) - Cmdr. 6 Bgde.
* Individuals who visit frequently and conduct RUF business in Liberia.