For information only - not an official document
12 June 2019
UNOOSA hosts space-related exhibition at the Vienna International Centre, during the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space session
VIENNA,12 June (UN Information Service) - From 12-21 June 2019, the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) hosts the 62 nd session of the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS).
At the session participants will discuss topics ranging from the long-term sustainability of space activities to space exploration. During the session, UNOOSA is hosting several space-related exhibitions in the Rotunda of the Vienna International Centre (VIC), including:
- The Legacy of the Apollo 11 Mission: The Future of Space Exploration, organized by the Permanent Mission of the United States of America to the International Organisations in Vienna with the support of NASA.
- Ancient China Navigation Technology Exhibition: the history of Chinese navigation technology during the last 5000 years (Time Service, Navigation, Geodesy and Exchange), organized by the Chinese Satellite Navigation Office (CNSO) and the Permanent Mission of China to the International Organisations in Vienna.
- PlanetSound: an installation of planet models by artist Wolfgang Semmelrock, organized with the support of the Permanent Mission of Austria to the International Organisations in Vienna.
- Inspiring Stars: a selection of objects that help people with disabilities engage with astronomy and space science, organized by the International Astronomical Union.
- Avio Launcher Model, a model of a satellite launcher, by Avio S.p.a.
For further information, please contact:
United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs
Telephone: (+43-699) 1459 8718