For information only - not an official document
28 October 2019
Re-issued as received
18th General Conference of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
VIENNA, 28 October (United Nations Industrial Development Organization) - On behalf of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Ministry of Energy and Industry of the United Arab Emirates, we cordially invite you to the eighteenth session of the UNIDO General Conference.
Date: 2 - 7 November 2019, 8:00 - 18:00
Venue: Emirates Place, West Corniche Road, Abu Dhabi
The UNIDO General Conference, which will convene under the theme ' Industry 2030 - Innovate. Connect. Transform our Future' will host discussions around policies that facilitate the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
UNIDO's mandate is to foster Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development (ISID), which is essential to attain the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, as especially reflected in the Sustainable Development Goal 9 " Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation".
The General Conference is UNIDO's top policymaking body that convenes biennially, and for the first time is being held in the Middle East. During this week, a series of high-level side events and an exhibition will accompany the main agenda, focusing on six key topics and a partnership hub: Youth and Entrepreneurship, Gender, Industry 4.0, Sustainable Energy, Industrial Parks, and Circular Economy.
Please be informed about the following highlights:
- 8 th Ministerial Conference of the Least Developed Countries (LDCs), 2 November 2019, 9:00 - 18:00, Plenary Room
- Press Conference with high-level representatives, including Heads of State, 3 November 2019, 13:30 - 14:00, Press Conference Room
- 7 th Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development Forum, 3 November 2019, 15:00 - 18:00, Plenary Room
- Achieving the SDGs though Entrepreneurship and Innovation: A Regional Perspective for African and Arab Countries, 4 November 2019, 8:00 - 9:15, Plenary Room
- Launch of the Industrial Development Report 2020, 5 November 2019, 15:30 - 16:30, Plenary Room
Meet 800 delegates from 170 Member States who will participate in the discussions and debates throughout the week.
Media accreditation: Media representatives who wish to attend the 18 th General Conference of UNIDO and related events should submit their requests to Mr. Sayaphol Sackda, Advocacy and Media Relations Officer ( S.SACKDA@unido.org) with a copy to Ms. Claudia Groessing, Advocacy and Media Relations Advisor ( C.GROESSING@unido.org).
Interview requests: Any interview requests, including proposed questions shall be addressed to the above contact points and shall be submitted as soon as possible.
The latest information related to the 18 th General Conference as well as the full agenda can be found here: https://www.unido.org/